Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Flow

There is nothing quite like sitting in the sun by a waterfall. It soothes away the rough edges and warms the soul. Like placing a smile upon the blanket that wraps the heart.


I don't enjoy battling my body. Yet I find the struggle real, forgetting to just let it wash away.
I don't enjoy feeling blue. Yet it takes me to dark places so that I can find a way to let them flow freely.

Now and then, it must be important to just sit. It must be real, with the wind and back spray brushing my hair and speckling my glasses. The warmth from the outside oozing in to relax my furrowed brow. 
Now and then I remember. Life isn't really that difficult, it just seems so while I'm beating my head against the rocks. 
And maybe there is no tomorrow...
But today, 
Well today I'll find that everything is just the way it ought to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment