Sunday, September 6, 2015

Eaten Alive

Isn't it easy to take things for granted?
I think so...when becoming complaisant, it's a slippery slope to the bottom of the hill.
I think to myself, I shouldn't let things bother me half way down. But somewhere along the line, I hit that inevitable rock that lets me know how insignificant I am in this great big world.

It's something simple generally. 
I notice that I'm only as good as I'm useful and anything more then that is me-hands out-begging to be accepted.
By the time I'm there, it's really too late to take it back. The only real way of climbing back up is taking a good look around, gathering my strength with a deep breath, and starting the trek.

The world will eat you alive if you let it.
I prefer to not.
I prefer to suck it up and sigh.... Whatever.
Because if the world was a great big person, and I was getting stuck in it, I'd probably be the one climbing back out half-eaten.
 I don't accept being leftovers. I hear the call of an undying dream and the passion of a heart that refuses to stop beating. And all the passing fancies fade to nothing as I claw and scratch, bite and bleed, to do what I need to.

I will feel pain. I will get angry. I will make mistakes and hurt people and it will be ugly. I will have those times when giving up seems easier.
But...
That isn't the end of the story.
Because, 
I will feel ecstasy. I will become elated. I will succeed and help people and it will be beautiful. I will have those times when not giving up will pay off, and I will be thankful.

So-
Up or down.
Black or white.
Good or bad.
Sorrow or joy...
It is all worth it.

If you're looking for me, I'm in the middle of climbing back up that hill.




No comments:

Post a Comment