Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Hallway

I wandered down the hallway of my mind.
On the walls hang faces of the fazes come to pass. Beyond each door a life time, locked by days I've left behind. Upon the floor lies petals of the dying, fallen flowers; all showers of the pieces of my heart.

I notice far away a door I've never seen before. I ask myself, "What hides within those walls?"
My steps stir up the petals and they travel up my legs. I feel my heart strings calling them back home.

Behind me there are footsteps, they echo down my hall. I turn to look and see that there is no one there at all. Feelings of a shadow cause me pause.

I taste a lip I've never parted.
Hands unknown prickle on my neck. 
Chilled by a breath that warms my chest and a whisper tickles my spine. 
"Who has come to my hall?" I linger to wonder.

I turn to the door I have never seen before. I move with conviction to reach for the knob. 
Each movement makes me stronger. The secret promise of wanting drives the will to peer inside.

Within the door a blinding light explodes to capture me. Drawn within, I take that step.

My future is upon me and I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment