Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Demise

Graceful demise, be you ever so near.
End what is questionable, end what is dear.
Place your soft pillow upon my weak face. Lean on it willingly, firmly and villianly. Hold on until I am gone from this place.
Graceful demise, watch as fear melts away. Burn up these walls and observe puffs of grey. 
Catch me on fire, trap my screams in your fist. Dry out my lips and so softly, compassionately, flaming and passionately, see through my eyes all I've missed.
Demise be my reason and take all the blame. 
Let me walk eagerly forward in vain.
Show me humanity, vanity gone. Tip me off mountains and drown me in fountains, extend me out half way and lock me in dungeons. 
Brave my side dragon slaying. Chain me to beds laying, sideways on top and with rusty padlocks, show me joy within misery. 
Pluck my eyes out and then sing with me voiceless. Move me in monuments only to homelessness. 
Take what's been given to hand it all back. Tie up a river and throw it in sack.
Tell me demise, when we're done.

I am not death-borne, not close to the razor. I am not listless, or with an eraser; trying to blot from me methods for living.
No, I'm forgiven and peaceful forgiving. 
Drifting from here and there, caring without a care. Challenging questions and fearfully blessing, what I just don't know, or can't seem to show.
Pinning my life to all hope, not on strife.
Yet knowingly, gracefully, peacefully, jaggedly, meeting demise like my wife. 
Married to mayhem and now in the act, of signing those papers to break that old pact. Knowing there's so much more better in fact, that demise to my fears I impact.

Graceful demise, now indeed hold my hand. Tell me your plan so I might once understand; how the jagged edge slices to cut out what's wrong, helping me balance and making me strong. 
Choose this long journey to shape me with flame. Strip off my weakness and take all the blame. For now I walk backwards, not knowing my way. Yet forwards to choices that remain the same.
All that I am take me here by this fall, shape in my image who I can't recall. 
Strike me with force and ignite me with wrath, that I tremble for mercy in this aftermath. 
Now that I'm willingly, humbly and chillingly, tussled and tousled and trampled and skillfully, laying the future with only your path.

No comments:

Post a Comment