Saturday, July 19, 2014

In Illusion

I am melting bit by bit.
Each droplet of water that falls, eroding me, shoulder down.
Now water cascades from the eyes nose mouth, chewing through each layer of tissue. Exposing me.
From behind the expanding holes in my body and face, a chasm as inky black as a cave is revealed. 
Arms slowly tumbling like mud off a rock face, starting at the fingers. Piece by piece, swallowed up as the rain pours down. 
A waterfall forms at my centre, peeling layers of flesh and sinew, tissue and organ. Tumbling one on top of the other, I fall outward. 
As my head caves into my torso, crumbling under the force, I sigh.

Forever is a long time to live hollow.

As the rain washes me away, bits and parts sinking into the fresh green grass. Swallowed up by the blades and dirt.
Here I am, gone in the flesh. I nestle deeply into the earthy blanket and embrace eternity. 


No comments:

Post a Comment